Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Review

A few months back I did a short post about the Maybelline Gel Liners when I saw them in-store for the first time. I was thinking about giving them a try and wanted to know what you thought! Well I was lucky enough to be a sent the colour selection for review along with the entire Eye Studio line, so look for more reviews in the future!



There are four colours in the Lasting Drama Gel Liner collection, black, grey, plum and brown. As stated in my previous post these liners are an 'oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base. So color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours, smudge-proof and water-proof and the most intense line for lasting drama'. 

I first tried black because it my favourite liner colour and the easiest for me as lesser quality liners never show as an inky black colour. Well I loved this liner, it was comparable to my most expensive gel liners without a doubt. This liner went on very smoothly and dried down well on my oily lids. The black was dark and inky which creates amazing drama on the eye.

The brush was usable in a pinch but not my favourite so I did go back to my standard liner brushes when applying this product. The brush couldn't create as many shapes as I like, but I wouldn't say it is a complete waste and I have actually used it as a spot concealer brush!

The other colours in the collection were all nicely done. I love the plum not only as a liner but as a base for purple shadow looks! The brown isn't for you if you like a very deep shade, as this one is a lighter chocolate shade, but it works well in many looks.

Overall I think Maybelline did a great job with these liners, and I have been using them a lot since receiving my goodies in the mail!

No comments: