Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chimera Nail Polish a Review



Recently I was sent some nail polishes to test. As you know I am fairly new to polishes as my nails in the past were something I tended to ignore! This polish came at a great time as my passion is evolving and I had 5 polish colours to play with from the Chimera line!

Chimera was established in 2008 and was launched to to compete with labels in the Australian market as well as the international stage. This company boasts over 100 colours offers pearls, neons and glitters.

While the polishes are listed online by colour name the bottles I received only have numbers so I am not sure how you keep track of the colours you purchase. My polishes did come with a chart that included the numbers so I would assume that once you do your first order you are able to order from the chart you are sent!



Moving from pinky to thumb here is a break down of the colours. On my pinky is a creme bubble gum pink that was completely opaque in 2 coats. On my ring finger is a very light lavender colour with silver sparkle. After 3 coats this polish was still transparent. My middle finger has a bright red with an orange gold glitter. This polish was opaque in 2 coats and was one of my favourites. On my pointer finger was a creme blue that is in the same tone as Tiffany blue only a little darker in hue. This polish was opaque in 3 coats. Last on my thumb was a rich brownish red with a metallic glisten.

Overall these polishes wore very well. I didn't find chipping or peeling any earlier then my other polishes and found for wear on my toes it lasted a very long time! I thought the colours were nice although not completely unique. There were however many very interesting colours listed on their site that I would like to try in the future. I did find the brush a little long making it somewhat difficult at first for me to control application, however I did become used to the brush and now find it no problem to use.

1 comment:

Cristina from FabulousSavigns.ca said...

I like the rich burnt burgundy on your thumb. That would be a great colour for the fall; it'll complement browns, camels and tans.