Monday, March 30, 2009

Cover Girl Cosmetics



I've been asked several times lately to review some Cover Girl products. Those of you who have worked with me in the past know how I feel about Cover Girl, but I decided to give them another chance and review a couple of their new products.

The first product is Cover Girl's TRUblend micro minerals bronzer. I am forever trying to a great bronzer and I had fallen in love with a mineral veil bronzer that I can no longer buy. I was pleasantly surprised by Cover Girl's offering. It didn't give any orange hue to the skin, the minerals were finely milled so that the luminescence that it gave looked natural not sparkly. I have been using it since I bought it and give this one a big thumbs up!!

The second is blast collections eyeshadow quad. At first glance I thought wow the only brand right now doing these really vibrant colours in a drug store line. After getting it home I loved the colours but hated the colour payoff that these shadows provided. You need to use a lot of product and I still didn't get the colour vibrancy that I was looking for. These shadows gave more of a wash of colour. After a lot of work I did manage to get the look I was going for, but really not worth all the effort it takes to achieve it with these shadows! I gave this one a big thumbs down!!

So overall Cover Girl has redeemed itself somewhat with it's mineral line!! I will continue to give this company a chance in the future as I think they have really come a long way with various products in the line. However I still feel that they can be hit or miss on the promises that they make!

No comments: