Friday, July 24, 2009

Marcelle Aquatik Lip Collection Review



I am always on the lookout for new lip colour so when I recently saw Marcelle lip colour on sale while shopping at my local drugstore I decided to give it a try. I have never tried Marcelle before and I am a huge fan on Annabelle and seeing that they are the same company I decided to pick up a couple of products from their Aquatik summer collection.

The products I bought were the mango splash Vita-Lip Plumping Gloss and the Rouge Vitality Lipstick in Rose Divine. The gloss is a very pretty pink with a lot of multi-coloured mini glitters in it. The glitter is very fine so I didn't feel that it was overwhelming at all, but added a very nice shimmer especially over a lipstick. On it's own I felt that the colour didn't show up as much as I would have liked it to. As well I am partial to glosses that are sticky because I feel it makes it last longer, but this gloss was light and didn't have a sticky texture at all. I know that most people like that type of gloss so overall the formulation was good for what the average person wants. As for plumping this one did nothing for me. There wasn't even the tingle that you get from most plumping glosses. I don't know that this one will be my favorite gloss, but I will use it to add a shimmer to lipsticks and I really do like it overall.

Next on to the lipstick, which I am very exited about! I loved this product because it was a not too shiny colour with lots of staying power. The colour was a beautiful natural pink, the perfect natural colour for someone with my skin tone. It says that has a vitamin complex that helps to hydrate and plump the lips; again it didn't plump but it did leave my lips very soft at the end of the day. I will definitely be going out to buy a couple more of these before this collection is sold out and if all Marcelle lipsticks are this well formulated I will be buying more in the future.

Overall I really liked the colours as well as products from this collection. Go check it out before it is all gone!!

No comments: