Friday, August 28, 2009

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara


Ok so I know I'm going to have a lot of people argue with me on this one! I tried Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara after seeing many great reviews as well as noticing a lot of youtube guru's using it. I was so exited when I got home to open it up and give it a try especially with how impressed I was with Rimmel Lash Flirt mascara which I recently reviewed. This one claims 7 x's the volume, 3 x's the curves and 'plumped' lashes.

Well I'm sad to say that when I tried this one I was disappointed! I felt like it did nothing for my lashes, leaving them feeling no longer, curled or anything else for that matter! I found that the brush (which is silicone ) was too stiff and did not flex to evenly coat my lashes. If you love a natural look I think you will like this mascara, but for someone like me who loves a full and thick look this one isn't a winner. 

I did find however then when used over my Maybelline Colossal mascara the results were wonderful! ( I have also reviewed this one, so check it out ) The Sexy Curves worked so well to add an extra layer to my Colossal as well as separating my lashes for an almost false lash effect. So I did find a great way to use this mascara in a way that works best for me!

So if you are a Sexy Curves lover please don't hate me! Mascara's are one of those beauty products that just aren't cut and dry. There aren't clear winners and losers, it really depends on what you are looking to achieve. 

Let me know your opinion!!

2 comments:

mizzworthy said...

I personally love Sexy Curves, but can understand why people don't get along with it sometimes - Mascara is such a personal thing isn't it!

NancyPower said...

@mizzworthy- it really is such a personal choice. I'm glad to hear from someone who really likes it. I am thankful that I found a way to work for me that I really like! I have another review coming up for a mascara I can't say the same for!