Friday, January 15, 2010

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder



It seems this is the year that drugstore brands have decided to really start expanding their lines to carry more 'MAC-like' products! Today while shopping I saw a display for Revlon's Mineral Finishing Powder, which buts me in mind of MAC's line of MSF's!

There are 3 shades in the line to chose from Brighten, Suntan Matte and Sunkiss. They are said to be 'Soft, all-over lift of color that diffuses flaws and minimizes shine'. Overall the reviews of this product (it was launched abroad before here in Canada) have been fairly good and at approx. $13 CAD it's really not a bad price for this type of product!

I love the Colorstay line, and think I may pick up one of these little beauties when it is time to replace my powder!

Have any of you tried this product?? What did you think??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have started using mineral powder over my foundation instead of plain powder, it's such a much better coverage.I have pale skin, but suffer with ezema,medical creams are rubbish...Do you recommend any foundation/powder that gives a pale matte finnish?

NancyPower said...

@ Gingeyginge- I really like Revlon Colorstay foundation! It comes in a very pale shade and when it's set is pretty matte while still having a natural finish. I use it most of the time and I am going to try the powder with it when I get a chance. Not sure how Colorstay will react with your eczema I would take the ingredient listing to your dermatologist just to be sure!

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I have the pink one and the lighter of the browns, not the dark one...and I LOVE them! I actually use the pink as my highlight on my face and a little over my blush almost every day for a gentle pink shine. I use the suntan I believe for my contour or all over bronzing (im pretty pale!) and I love it as well!

These last a long time and really make a huge impact on your face! Definatly a great buy!
(oh, and I got mine here in the US at CVS on B1G1 s I paid $13.99 for the two of them! great deal!!)

NancyPower said...

@ The Bargainista - Great to hear that they are a good product. I'm getting exited about picking one up now!! We NEVER have those amazing BOGO kind of sales on makeup here in Canada! At least not around me b/c I would totally take advantage of that!!

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts!!!!