Thursday, February 4, 2010

Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion

I was recently asked if I wanted to try Skin MD Natural Shielding lotion! I jumped at the chance as I am always looking for a better moisturizer, especially during the cold months of Canadian winter. When the bottle arrived I remained skeptical but started to use the lotion instead of my normal moisturizer. Many moisturizers are much like lip protectants (I won't name any names, but you know who they are)! They give great results in the beginning, then as time goes on you become dependent on the product for your skin just to feel normal! Skin MD claims to be different.


Skin MD says the following about the Shielding Lotion; '"Shielding lotion is a lotion that forms a protective barrier on the skin and keeps out irritants and chemicals. It also allows the natural oils and moisture to remain in the skin so it can heal better. It is a big advantage that shielding lotions are light and go on without a greasy mess," says Dr. Brian Zogg, a dermatologist in Albert Lea, MN'.

This lotion contains aloe vera, vitamin E, Chamomile just to name a few of the natural ingredients. It also contains Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone which aid in creating the barrier discussed above. The Shielding Lotion is also dermatology tested, hypoallergenic, non-comedeogenic, fragrance and colorant free, paraben free and is not tested on animals.

Although I have a tendency toward oily skin, during the winter months my skin develops dry patches and becomes very itchy. I began using the lotion 4 times a day, as the bottle states you may need to use the lotion more at first. If you read my posts regularly you know that I am NOT patient and wanted to start seeing results as quickly as possible.

I loved how the lotion disappeared into the skin without that greasy and heavy feeling that many lotions can give. As well I noticed that my skin felt smooth immediately. This was a result of the Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone creating that shielding effect! I later realized that this made the lotion a wonderful primer as well! After a few days I began applying the lotion 2 times a day as I felt my skin was begin to reap benefits and the packaging suggests at that you will need the lotion less as time goes on.

After about 2 weeks I began to see a real difference in my skin! The patches were gone and my skin didn't feel parched as it had before. My pores didn't clog, therefore not breaking out my skin like many lotions tend to do. Skin MD says that a bottle of lotion should last about a month, depending if you decide to use it on your face only or on your body as well I think you can really get longer out of one of these bottles as a little goes a long way!

I was really impressed with what this 4 oz bottle had to offer and I would suggest it to anyone who needs hydration and feels that traditional creams and lotions just aren't doing what they promise! At $18 (American) this lotion is a great buy, especially if you are used to department stores creams and lotions. Shipping varies but no matter where you are I would suggest just buying multiple bottles at a time for the affordable price they are!

Stay tuned in the coming days for a great giveaway from Skin MD Natural!!!

No comments: