Monday, April 12, 2010

Vasanti Cosmetics Spring 2010 Collection

I was so lucky to be sent a selection from Canadian cosmetic company Vasanti to try a few weeks ago. These were items from the Spring 2010 collection and I was so impressed with the colours when they arrived. I was sent an eye shadow palette in The Hamptons, a cheek colour in Swiss Alps and two lipstick shades Sweden and Denmark



The shadow palette was the first thing that I decided to play with once I opened the box. The Hamptons includes 5 colours; Soft Neutral Beige, Soft Peachy Pink, Neutral Deep Brow,.Periwinkle Grey and Intense Rich Navy. All the shades have a soft shimmer to them that is very subtle not overpowering. I think this is a great palette for those who like natural shades but like to punch it up now and then with the addition of the navy blue. To me this palette also screamed bridal, so it would be a great one for brides who will be taking on the task of doing their own makeup, especially those destination brides!



The cheek colour was the next item I started to test out. Swiss Alps is a said on the website to be a plum but to me in person it was a warm pink with a very nice glow to it. I think this is a great spring blush as it gives a great highlight to the cheek and will compliment the skin as it begins to get a little more sun. the texture was very nice and a little goes a long way so be sure to use a gentle hand when applying.



The two lipsticks were the last thing I tested as I really am a lipgloss girl most days! First on was Sweden as I am a sucker for a soft beige pink. Again when I tried this one I immediately thought bridal. It would look beautiful on so many skin tones and would come off great in photos. This one is very much my style and I think on those lipstick says I will get a lot of use out of this shade! Next was Denmark a rich cranberry shade. Now this one put me a little out of my comfort zone, I love reds, but often do not wear deep pinks as I feel they just don't suit me. I did however use this colour on a client with a darker tone to her skin and I absolutely  loved it! This colour was amazing on her skin tone and it finished her makeup look beautifully. Both lipsticks had a great creamy formula that was rich and moisturizing that I very much enjoyed using.

I very much enjoyed trying these products for the first time, and thought quality of everything I tried was wonderful. I look forward to trying more Vasanti products in the future!

No comments: