Monday, July 26, 2010

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Gray by Gray

I am not sure why but I am so attracted to colours that many find a little blah... grays, deep blues etc always seem to be my weakness. I hadn't noticed this colour in store but once I saw a post on Gray by Gray from fellow blogger Rock that Look I knew I had to have it! It took me a while to find it in store but once I did I snatched it up! This is my first Complete Salon Manicure colour so I was excited to make the purchase.



This colour it seems can be compared to MAC's Blue India as well as Barielle's Slate of affairs. I don't have either of those little gems but if you have them you know my affection for this lovely blue gray shade! I can't describe the colour any better then a blue gray or slate. It has a medium depth that really matches so much in my wardrobe I was surprised!! haha

Picture courtesy of Nouveau Cheap


This brush style is something new to me, my camera wouldn't take a good shot of the brush so I don't have one to include but I found a great one that compares this brush to the standard type brush from Nouveau Cheap's blog! This brush is much wider and flatter then the standard which I actually really liked and I thought it gave great control to the application!



The formula of the Complete Salon Manicure I thought was great as well... at least in this colour. One coat gave great coverage and it is thick without being gloppy... is that even a word? haha Sally Hansen claims that this polis is a five in one, Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Color, Top Coat. Now I can't live without my basecoat and my Seche top coat so I can't validate those claims but this polish is chipping a little less then I am used to! Sally Hansen also claims that 'Patented Vita-Care Technology for advanced wear, more shine, and nourishing care.' The wear I can agree with as well I did like how much shine there was even before my top coat... as for nourishing care I will have to get back to you on that one!

Overall I think these polishes are great and Gray by Gray is definitely a winning shade for me!

2 comments:

FabulousSavings.ca Cristina said...

I love the new flat brush design - recently I bought a new polish and saw it too for the first time. I was a bit skeptical, but it makes application MUCH easier... perfectly for my shakey hands lol.

Cristina from FabulousSavings.ca

Jen said...

I'll have to look that one up! I really like it!