Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fructis Style SLEEK & SHINE BLOW DRY PERFECTOR


I saw this in the store the other day and was very intrigued! As a lot of you know I have naturally curly hair which I often straighten! This time of year fighting humidity is one of the worst things so I often just opt for wearing my hair up so I don't have to deal with it.

Garnier's Blow Dry Perfector is a new product that claims to;
. Tame frizz
. Keep hair smooth and shiny
. Provide easier, faster blow dries
. Last 7 shampoos

This type of product has been around for a while in beauty outlets and salons, but it is new to see them available by brands in big box stores etc. I have yet to try this product but I am really tempted especially as I grabbed a $2 off coupon that I saw in store.

The steps seem easy enough;
Step 1: Comb the 20-minute Smooth-It Serum through shampooed, towel-dried hair. It is formulated with protein building blocks, found naturally in hair, to smooth and tame unmanageable hair. Wait 20 minutes. Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water.
Step 2: Apply Heat-Activated Perfect-It Cream, with natural rice oil, to seal in lasting smoothness and conditioning, and to create a weightless, humidity-resistant barrier to frizz.

Blow dry or flat iron as you normally would to reveal sleek, shiny, more manageable hair for up to 7 shampoos!

Do you think you would want to give this product a try?? Do you think that products such as these really make a difference??
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Kari Ann said...

Yes I definitely would give this product a try! I currently soend $200 on a keratin treatment thats lasts about 4 months but this would be great in between or as a replacement if it really works!

Michelle (BeautyEditor.ca) said...

I'm a little nervous about this treatment - it specifically says not to use it on "recently" colour-treated or highlighted hair. Was considering it for a magazine story I just wrapped up but because I colour my hair, I had someone else test it for me. She has gorgeous, although frizz-prone wavy hair... but said results were really disappointing. She said her hair felt super dry and damaged after. Too bad.

NancyPower said...

@Michelle (BeautyEditor.ca) - Straight hair is definitely not good if your hair is left dry and unhealthy looking! These treatments need to leave your hair soft and smooth! Thanks for letting me know! I didn't buy it right away because I have had issues with some Garnier products in the past, I was just holding out hope that this one would be different!

FabulousSavings.ca Cristina said...

Yes, I think I would consider trying this, though I'd try it on a chunk of hair before the whole head. Conditioner treatments like this are a cheaper way to soften hair and add shine rather than visiting the salon (which charges a large sum for a condition treatment). My mom has super coarse, dry hair... and she actually warms olive oil up in a bowl, combs it through her hair and wears a shower cap over night. In the morning after a shampoo, it's SO SO soft and pretty. :)
Cristina from FabulousSavings

Evee said...

I tried this today actually. I too have naturally curly hair (think Shirley Temple) and I also color my hair... I'm a natural blonde, and I dye my hair black. My last dye job was about three weeks ago. , and had totally different results than Michelle's friend! Right now my hair is super soft, really really shiny, and STRAIGHT. Like, shake-my-head-and-my-hair-falls-back-into-place-perfectly straight. The one downside to this is that the 1st step in the treatment smells really awful, like sulfur. But it disappears on the rinse out, so if you can deal with the odor for twenty minutes you're good, and if it stays like this for seven days it's soooo worth it. ^_^