Friday, January 21, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me and the Zumba Test!!




When I heard that the Maybelline Fit Me line of products was being released in Walmart's in Canada I just had to run out and take a look! I was excited to see the display but was lucky to find shades that matched me. They only had 2 of the 6 concealers shown online and 6 of the 18 foundation shades! I am not sure if this was just my location so if you have seen the whole line please leave a comment and let me know!

Like I said I was lucky to find my shade in foundation and concealer. I may try the blush at a later time but I didn't see a shade that was different from those I have. I also skipped on the powder as when I tested it I really felt the powder with not finely milled and felt and looked chalky on the skin of my hand!

I bought the foundation in 125 nude beige and concealer in 20 sand as the light shade available had a pink undertone which does not erase redness like a yellow based does!

I decided to give these products the ultimate test and tried them for the first time on my skin while doing a Zumba class, but first I want you to know my initial thoughts. The foundation had a lovely medium coverage without looking masky. The finish was quite dewy and it took very little product to do my whole face. The concealer was a lighter coverage then some may like but I really liked the way it hide redness and dark circles without coming across as heavy and hiding my skin completely!

Now to the Zumba test and my thoughts! This was my first Zumba class and with buying these products today I just couldn't help but taking advantage to test how this foundation would hold up. I applied a light application of foundation and concealer and walked out the door with no powder to my 30 min class. I totally thought I felt makeup meltdown as I worked out but went on (I did not wipe my face during the workout and only blotted it afterwards). Once home I headed to the bathroom to check out the damage. I was shocked to see that there was minimum meltdown going on! I had wear on my forehead due to my bangs, and slight wear on my chin the oiliest part of my face! I was so pleasantly surprised that this product lasted so well!

If you can check out this line because for how light and dewy this foundation and concealer are the staying power is amazing and it really looks like skin not makeup!

1 comment:

Cristina from FabulousSavings.ca said...

Wow, it's impressive that this stuff help up after a Zumba class. Must try it. Thanks for the great info!