Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Hard as Wraps Review


I recently bought Sally Hansen's Hard as Wraps from the Hard as Nails collection because I am always looking for a way to strengthen my weak and peeling nails! This product claims the following; Patented formula with Acrylic Gel seals and hardens nails with an instant, long-lasting wrap-like surface and a smooth, shiny finish. Nylon fortifies nails and helps prevent chipping, splitting and peeling. I don't know why I had such high hopes for this one but lets just say I was greatly disappointed.

I don't know if I have the worst nails in the world or something, I always read the reviews before buying something new. If the reviews aren't good I move on to the next product. This one had good enough reviews for me to try it, especially for the price at only around $6. I gave this one a good try using is consistently for for over a week. All I have to show for it is 2 broken nails and the rest are peeling worse then they ever have.

First of all I found the product hard to apply. It wasn't as thick as I had thought it would be, so it spread too much on the nail leaving a lot of clean up to be done. I could not use my Seche Vite as a top coast because it caused the product to bubble up within a day. My nails did not feel as strong as when I use my Orly Nail Armor, and I was right as my nails were easy to bend which caused the Hard as Wraps to begin peeling leaving my nails completely unprotected. Within the week I had to reapply this product 3 times which I found a little high. When using my normal routine all it takes is one maybe twice a week which is normal when taking into account polish changes.

Overall I really don't have anything good to say about this product. There as a few formulations of the Hard as Wraps and I don't know if one of the other formulations works better, but this one was a complete waste of my $6, I could have gotten a really nice lip gloss and been happy with my purchase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The hard as wraps had great reviews by people who claim it lasts a week. I applied the sheer pink and it lasted less than one day before it started to peel. I made my nails weaker for a couple weeks after I removed it. I don't have much luck with any nail products but I had high hopes for this one. It was a big disappointment! I guess I'll go back to bare nails and buffing.